Geekologie has posted a story (here) concerning special editions of games in Japan. Specifically, Biohazard 6 – know to U.S. folks as Resident Evil 6) and the goodies that comes with the breath taking price tag. Yahoo also related the link, so here is their “credit where credit is due.”
According to Capcom’s press release, for a paltry $1,300, you will receive:
Biohazard 6 (that’s the actual game!)
3 tablet cases featuring the male characters from the game, plus a 4th case with a mystery image on it
a replica of the main character – Leon Kennedy – jacket from the game
If all of that is a bit much for you, you can also purchase the “poor man’s” special edition, which includes the game and a single case for the much more digestible price of $99.
You know, come to think of it, I’ve never really like the Resident Evil games anyways, so this entire article isn’t even an issue. I’ll watch the movies, though. They’ve actually gotten better with each sequel as opposed to worse.
Oh, yeah, there’s a bunch of related links below with more commentary on the exact same story 😉 I’m spreading the love tonight!
- Resident Evil 6 Special Edition Will Cost $1,300 (gamingandtechnetwork.wordpress.com)
- $1,300 for a jacket, some game covers and Resident Evil 6? Sign me up! (nerdjunkies.com)
- Resident Evil 6 Premium Edition costs $1,300 (geek.com)
- That’s Too Much: $1,300 Limited Edition Resident Evil 6 (geekologie.com)
- Capcom Unveils $1300 Resident Evil 6 Special Edition (escapistmagazine.com)