Yes, I know, I am over-doing it a bit. Currently I’m reading 3 different books – two novels and an anthology of work. I’m not cramming them into my head, though. There is enjoyment out of each one. My goal is to not get worn out on one particular book and to try and keep from reaching a lull where I do get tired of a particular novel and stop reading for a period of time. With my current attempt, when one may reach a slow, stale chapter that starts to turn me off, I can quickly pick up something else and carry on. I’ve never done this before – read more than one book at a time – but I enjoy stepping into one adventure for awhile, closing it, walking into another for a few chapters, etc.
So, as of a week ago, I am currently reading The Long Earth. Interesting concept, so far – especially Lobsang, the talking soda vending machine that may or may not be a reincarnated Tibetan motorcycle repairman.
- “The Long Earth” by Stephen Baxter and Terry Pratchett (literaryninja.wordpress.com)
- Nerd overdrive – Baxter and Pratchett talk “The Long Earth” (procrastin8or.wordpress.com)
- Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter (tararualibrary.wordpress.com)
- Worth Reading: The Long Earth (readmorebooks.wordpress.com)
- Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter – The Long Earth (sffbookreview.wordpress.com)