* This is a cross-post from Geek by Choice. No need to read further if you’ve already seen this from there, folks.*
If you are a Skylander’s fan, then you already know that Skylander’s Giants released today. Unfortunately, I can’t give you my thoughts on the game and describe how much fun it probably is because what my wife picked up is a Christmas gift for our son. Sadly, it will be another 2 months before I will have the pleasure of experiencing the sequel to the fantastic original game.
On a positive note, our local GameStop (and probably all GameStops, really), had a special deal for their “regular” customers. Folks that come in that they know by name – which is, of course, my wife and son. They let the regular customers go back a few days ago and get first dibs on their Giants stock. Each customer then had their selected items put in a box and sealed so that when they came in today it was all waiting for them. That was pretty cool of them, I say. Better than having people scooping up all the rare figures and the regular folk never having a chance to get to them. So my wife got everything except the 3 updated original Skylanders (the ones that light up and have new special moves.)
So to those who picked up Skylander’s Giants today, I hope you enjoy it. Be sure to let us all know how awesome it is and all that jazz. The cool thing about having kids is that you can still buy the awesome toys and not have to explain yourself. The bad thing is, sometimes you have to wait yourself before you can give it to them …
Anyways! Some of the new features in Skylander’s Giants include:
- Giants: More than twice the size of regular Skylanders, the Giants use their colossal scale and power to battle enemies, solve unique puzzles, and interact in the game world like never before!
- LightCore Skylanders: Amplifying the real-world magic of bringing toys to life, Skylanders Giantsintroduces the LightCore Skylanders that light-up in the game world and in the real world as players’ transport them into Skylands using the Portal of Power. LightCore Skylanders feature additional in-game benefits, and require no batteries!
- Brand New Skylanders: New Skylanders join the adventure in Skylanders Giants each equipped with their own unique personality, powers, and abilities that kids are sure to love!
- Series 2 Skylanders: Fan-favorite Skylanders from Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure return in an all new way in Skylanders Giants! Each Series 2 Skylander features an all new “Wow Pow” upgrade power, as well as the choice of more than one upgrade path! Fans can even play with their Series 2 Skylanders in Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure!
- Forward Compatibility: All of the beloved characters from Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure are 100% compatible with Skylanders Giants, each of their abilities and upgrades intact. Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure characters can even increase their level cap from Level 10 to Level 15 in Skylanders Giants!
- Wider Worlds: Portal Masters will see all new arenas and additional gameplay options in Battle Mode for exciting head-to-head play, as well as enhanced Elemental Zones, new Hero Challenges, and other features that encourage players to collect and level-up every character. Skylanders Giants also features closer integration with Skylanders Universe– the large online world that allows Portal Masters everywhere to greatly expand their Skylanders experience.